(THIS ARTICLE IS MACHINE TRANSLATED by Google from Norwegian)
The Ukraine war surrounds us. If you as a media consumer do not activate pro-
the propaganda filter, when you are exposed to Norwegian media, research voices and defense representatives, you are part of the problem. If you want to help avoid a coming nuclear war, Russian hatred and undermine the belief that military rearmament leads to peace, well, then you have a job to do.
It is important that we allow alternative voices into our bubble so as not to rot at the root. We all live in a bubble or several. But those who think they don't are particularly vulnerable. I don't limit my media consumption to those I like. But I know who I can trust. In my bubble I have voices that together draw a universe I trust: professors Glenn Diesen and Ola Tunander, former UN weapons inspector Scott Ritter, Columbia professor Jeffrey Sachs, Colonel Douglas Macgregor, analyst Alexander Mercouris and of course Noam Chomsky. I see broadcasts from the USA, Norway, Ukraine, Russia, India and Brazil. I want to know. Fortunately, I have discovered that I am not alone.
And after 18 months of observation of Norwegian media with coverage of the war in Ukraine as a commentator for MODERN TIMES, and daily updates from military and political independent sources, I am left with this fact. Norwegian media:
- withholds and ignores any information that does not support what they want to happen. This is the biggest sin a journalist, researcher or investigator can commit
- not aware of Ukrainian leadership's purge of all opposition voices, parties, TV and radio stations
- lacking knowledge of the Russians' capacity and war strategies
- trivializes the racist and Nazi culture of Ukraines leadership
- downplays Ukrainian losses of soldiers
- downplays Ukrainian losses of military materiel
- exaggerates Ukrainian military capabilities
- treats Ukraine as one country and not as "the country on the border", which is in civil war
- Visiting Western Ukraine, Viv and Kiev and think they have met "typical Ukrainians"
- exaggerates Russian losses and has broad agreement on the Ukraine war
- exaggerates confidence in the Ukrainian leadership and especially in Zelensky self
- never takes into account the propaganda component of NATO's information service
- have no worries that the media or defense voices never express doubts about what NATO's and the Norwegian authorities' strategy for this war is
- downplays the possibility of a nuclear war
All this means that Norway's population is currently hovering in a frenzy about a war they have been drawn into and which could wipe out humanity. The media and conflict and peace research institutions in our country are not the public quality assurance and watchdogs they could be. They do not convey knowledge that could weaken official Norwegian and NATO strategy or Norwegian opinion's support for increased arms deliveries with the extension of the war.
For the avoidance of doubt: Nothing I write here should be used to diminish sympathy for and support for the Ukrainian people, on both sides of the warthe lines, at home and outside. They are victims of the relentless manipulation and interests of others and deserve all the humanitarian support we can provide. But most of all they deserve peace.